What a year 2020 has been! With it’s many challenges it brought also time for family and reflection. And now that 2021 is here, a new century (!), we are filled with quiet hope. It is a good time to reassess and make plans, to set those new year’s resolutions. I don’t know about you, but my standard new year’s resolutions like getting fit, drinking 2l of water or going to bed on time each night don’t seem to work, and have been abandoned more times than I dare to mention. If you, like me don’t feel like you can stick to traditional new year’s resolutions, why not make some fun ones? It won’t feel like such an effort if we do something that brings us joy, broadens our horizons, that gives us an excuse to try new things or restart old traditions. Who said that resolutions have to be hard work, why not make them something you always wanted to do, see or experience?
Here are some fun new year’s resolution ideas:
- Try a new pizza restaurant every time pizza is on the menu (or a new café when meeting with friends)
- Try new tea flavours, or new coffee blends
- Watch every movie Audrey Hepburn appeared in
- Read all of Jane Austen’s novels
- Cook your way through a cookbook
- Wear all the clothes in the wardrobe, and don’t always go back to the same few
- Invite family and friends over for dinner
- Organize games nights
- Host movie nights
- Join a book club
- Read all those books that have been on your list for a while
I’m still making up my mind, but finally learning how to sew or to make sourdough bread are the front runners at the moment.
What are some fun resolutions that would make your 2021 that little bit extra special?